Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Self-Worth

"If your self-worth is built upon anything but your relationship with the Savior you are in trouble." --Hyrum Smith (Franklin Covey Institution)

I find that many people, myself included, base our self-worth of dating, grades, status, and a variety of other temporarily important aspects of our life.  I want to emphasize that this list though temporarily important, are important.  Most of these things are even important eternally, such as finding an eternal companion through dating.  Although, these things are NOT stable.  They are influenced by variables that are out of our control.  Most people who struggle with problems of self-worth do so because they have nothing stable to lean on, or the aspects in their life that they do lean on are constantly changing and disappointing them.

My finance teacher today elaborated briefly on the quote above.  And I thought about the things I have been basing my self-worth on as of lately and knew I was the one that was in trouble.  I made a goal this week to better my relationship with Christ and to lean on him instead.  There is a sense of security that comes with this commitment.  Christ does not change, he is perfect and always will be.  His atonement is everlasting and saves ALL.  It does not fail.  It does not change or disappoint any.  There is always another chance, always love to be given, and always a presence even in the loneliest nights. 

If you are the one that's in trouble find comfort that your self worth can be found on someone who is eternal and forever willing to save. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment